EXTRAORDINARY BIKING KILIMANJARO SUCCESS RATE AND EXPERIENCED STAFF
BikingKilimanjaro has more than 24 years of experience in equipping hikers and bikers to reach the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro. Our experienced guides have a proud success rate of 96%+ and have safely guided more than 15,000 hikers to Uhuru Peak. The majority of our professional tour consultants have all made successful summit attempts and are therefore in a position to provide you with advice and in depth knowledge of the mountain. Essential advice on how to mountain bike up Kilimanjaro, how difficult / hard is a Kilimanjaro Mtb trip and how long it takes for a guided Kilimanjaro Mtb expedition, is all covered in detail on this website. We provide unique and tailor-made biking kilimanjaro itineraries to suite your individual requirements and preferences, including all your hotel bookings, meet and assist at the airport, airport transfers to and from your hotel, as well as many exciting travel extensions to the surrounding game parks and the magical island of Zanzibar.
WHY CHOOSE BIKING KILIMANJARO.CO.ZA
Unbeatable climb and Biking Kilimanjaro track record
- We have been a leading Kilimanjaro tour operator since 1994, with a proud and unbeatable track record of over 15 000 successful and safe summit attempts.
- Our vast experience puts us in a unique position to offer you the most professional support, guidance, information and motivation to realise this once in a lifetime dream of a Kilimanjaro Mtb expedition.
- We can provide you with unlimited references from previous successful and satisfied clients – on request.
Our tour consultants
- A number of our sales staff have successfully summited Kilimanjaro themselves on a mountain bike, and are in a position to provide you with first hand expert “biking Kilimanjaro” advice.
- We will arrange everything for you: (Flights ex South Africa only), bookings, park fees, transfers, accommodation, guides, porters, food and equipment, leaving you free to enjoy the mountain bike expedition.
- After booking with us, we will provide a fast and efficient after-sales service, answering any questions you might have or providing any additional information and advice you may require.
- We will provide you with all the information required, in order for you to choose the most suitable and most spectacular route for your biking adventure.
Our Biking Kilimanjaro website
- We have one of the most comprehensive biking Kilimanjaro guides on the Internet, available 24 hours a day to answer most of your questions.
Real-time tracking service
- Biking Kilimanjaro.co.za now offers the only real-time Live Tracking to bikers on Mount Kilimanjaro. This unique service will allow family and friends to track the progress their loved ones – live – as they bike to the summit of Kilimanjaro. (subject to availability, advance booking and a supplementary cost)
Biking Kilimanjaro Facebook pages
- We also provide an updating service on our Facebook page on which we post daily photos of all biker groups, with updates on their progress up the mountain.
Complete and comprehensive Kilimanjaro biking information package
With your booking confirmation, you will receive a very important Kilimanjaro Information pack which contains the following information:
- Altitude sickness guide: As part of our total commitment to safe mountain bike practices, we provide all our clients with a unique guide on the prevention and management of altitude sickness on the mountain.
- Comprehensive gear list: Document explaining the reasons why we recommend certain gear, as well as helpful buying guidelines.
- Fitness program: To increase your chances of a successful summit attempt, we have developed a tailor made fitness program.
- Also included is: Kilimanjaro Mtb route map, essential information for your climb, tips for success, nutrition on the mountain bike expedition as well as general travel and language tips.
- Our Kilimanjaro Information pack was designed to promote success and safety, and is a result of our dedication, experience, and a commitment to excellence.
Our guides and porters
- We utilise highly trained and registered guides with years of experience, who will lead a team of support staff properly equipped, to look after you on the mountain.
- On all our kilimanjaro Mtb expeditions, every biker is supported by at 2 porters
- One porter to carry their duffel bag (max 15kg) from one camp to the next.
- One porter to assist the biker with their mountain bike from day 3 onwards
- The above average ratio of our support staff to biker is: 3 Porters per biker and 2 guides per a maximum of 4 bikers – a very favorable ratio we put in place to directly enhance your safety and enjoyment on the mountain.
Safety on the mountain
- We supply emergency portable Oxygen (for emergency use only) with all our mountain bike tours.
- We supply an important medic first aid kit (for emergency use only), to all our groups
- All chief guides on all our Kilimanjaro Mtb expeditions, carry a pulse Oxi-meter (a small device that clips onto your finger measuring oxygen levels in your blood, a mountain biker that is not acclimatized well, will normally show lower oxygen reading). Very important for the early detection of HAPE (High Altitude Pulmonary Edema
- All our packages include Amref Flying Doctors membership – helicopter evacuation in case of serious emergencies – subject to terms and conditions.
- All our packages include the Kilimanjaro Rescue Team (managed by KINAPA) fees.
- We can offer you extended Kilimanjaro mountain bike itineraries for the highly recommended extra acclimatization on the mountain – it is even possible to extend the duration of your Kilimanjaro mountain bike expedition, while on the mountain (subject to additional costs and availability).
- All our clients are issued with a comprehensive altitude sickness guide.
Flexible starting dates
- Our Kilimanjaro Mtb expedition starting dates are totally flexible as per your requirements, even for individuals – we can schedule the start of your Kilimanjaro mountain bike expedition on any day of the year!
- For unforeseen circumstances and on request, we are flexible regarding the change of your biking expedition dates (subject to availability, reasonable notice given and route chosen).
Private Kilimanjaro biking expeditions
- The option to have a private Kilimanjaro mountain bike expedition on request, at no additional cost.
Unique cancellation policy
- We have a unique cancellation policy: If you are forced to cancel your Kilimanjaro mountain bike expedition, due to work or medical related reasons, and notice is given within a reasonable time, we will grant you a 10 month period (from the date of cancellation) to reschedule your bike expedition (you could be liable for any possible cancellation cost and / or price increases).
Biking Kilimanjaro equipment rental
- Quality mountain equipment available for hiring – including sleeping bags, hiking poles, jackets, gaiters etc.
Safari and Zanzibar add-ons
- Extend your Kilimanjaro tour with a fantastic wildlife safari to some of the iconic National Parks in Tanzania – like the Serengeti National Park, the Ngorongoro Crater as well as Gorilla trekking in Uganda and Rwanda. Please contact us for more info in this regard, or visit our website www.TanzaniaWildlifeSafaris.com
- You may also consider a lazy beach recuperation on the magical island of Zanzibar.